Essential for a Healthy Body
Our body being roughly of 60-70% water, which makes it a vital component for good health. Our bodies function properly with the help of fluids, these bodily fluids consisting of water help in digestion, circulation, absorption, production of saliva, transportation of nutrients throughout the body. Also water helps to maintain the body temperature at normal. Intake of water helps your body to keep functioning well. Our brain is up to 90% water while our tissues and muscles are up to 75% water. So when our body lacks fluid, our brain stops working and we get migraines and headaches due to dehydration. Apart from that, muscles are made up of up to 75% water, so it is necessary to provide them enough water. Having enough water will help keep their contraction normal and prevent muscular cramps; It will help you to exercise more making you stronger and healthy. Similarly, water helps in the digestive process as it helps to keep the kidney working normally. If there is a lack of water in the body, it will result in constipation.
Prerequisite for a Good Skin
While talking about a healthy body, water and skin are the two most important topics to talk about. Water having the most part in our bodies and skin being the largest organ hold their vital positions. Just like the other organs of our body, skin is also made of several cells. Skin cells like any other organ cells require water to function properly. For skin to function properly and stay in healthy form, water is a prerequisite. Some of the benefits of water to the skin include:
- Moisture Retention: Water is essential to maintain the optimum skin moisture and deliver essential nutrients to the skin cells. It replenishes the skin tissue and increases its elasticity. This helps delay the appearance of signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines.
- Anti-Aging Properties: Water is a perfect replacement for expensive anti-ageing treatments. It keeps the skin well hydrated and glistening, thereby, enhancing the complexion. For soft and supple skin, drinking an adequate amount of water is more important than applying topical creams.
- Fights Skin Problems: Drinking enough water combats skin disorders like psoriasis, wrinkles and eczema. It also increases the metabolic rate and improves digestive system to flush out toxins from the body. This in turn gives you a healthy and glowing skin.
- Detoxification: There is no better detox than drinking lots and lots water and flushing all the toxins out of your body, leaving a skin that is healthy, fresh and glowing as well as body stay away from harmful effects of toxins.
- Skin Rejuvenation: Drinking lots of water calm the nerves and reduce the stress related damage to the skin, it also helps in skin rejuvenation and cellular regeneration by providing needed moisture.
Keeping in view all the above discussion and benefits of water, it is quite evident that water is a prerequisite not only for a healthy body but also for a healthy skin, making us realize the importance of a saying that ‘Stay Hydrated, Stay Healthy’.